Saturday 14 May 2011

1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die

This was a Christmas gift for me. I had seen it on backs of book covers and so finnaly I looked it up on the awesome Amazon.ca, and I found it there. Soon enough I unwrapped my gift and found that there.
That was the start of my own movie-revolution.
Let's just start off with the fact that if I didnt get this book, I would still be a horror obsessed teenager. Serously, look at the movies i need to see list before and now and you will see a massive difference.
Anyways, this book is simply and utterly amazing! If you are a film lover, that this book is an absolute must have. With 1001 movies featured in the book (all types, ages and genres), along with a full review for each one, you will never be lost on which movie to rent at Blockbuster or watch on Netflix. Written by hundreds of different film critics, each review explains either loosely or concisely on why the film is featured, if it is for being shockingly controversial (Pink Flamigos, A Clockwork Orange), being absolutely hilarious (Borat, The Hangover), being utterly terrifying (The Exorcist, Paranormal Activity) or just being simply one of the best (The Shawshank Redemption, Gone With the Wind, The Godfather, etc.). The book has it all, yet it comes with a downside.
There are films that are not in this book that by all means NEEDED to be in this book. Some of those include The Green Mile, Bram Stoker`s Dracula (1992), The Passion of the Christ, and many more. I do understand that some movies just don`t qualify, yet there are movies that BEYOND qualify, and it makes me severely angry to see those particular movies not featured.
Yet don`t let that get you down. The book is amazing and a must-have. Great for gifts! Amd if you are someone like me who is stilling filling your list of movies that you need to see, this book will help you. it helped me, sitting at my desk and writing down on a piece of paper all the movies  I need to see. Yet I`m not going to drone on. Just read it. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment